The top loser of Hamas was missile raped out of existence recently, (hooray) and has hastily been replaced. It seems that Marwan Issa is ready to expedite his martyrdom. From the blurb;
DEBKAfile: Issa, who is in charge of Hamas’s special operations units, headed the radical organization’s military delegation which travelled to Tehran and Beirut in mid-September and signed secret mutual defense pacts with Iran and Hizballah.
Petraeus Update: Yesterday morning around 5:47 I received an email of a VIP Army ball list from 2011. It was labeled as “Sensitive-For Official Use Only” (FOUO/S) because it had the home address and phone numbers of high-ranking personnel from multiple branches of the armed services as well as intelligence agencies. Anyway, the file also confirmed that GeneralAllen and Jill Kelley had attended the ball. Kelley’s home address was on there and a separate file contained the Google street view pics of her $1.4 million home. You can find info on the file and the home pics on my post on (CRO) Conservative Report Online here
Iran is dominating the news cycle as the United Nations General Assembly meets in NYC. Benjamin Netanyahu gave what might turn out to be the last warning to the world before Iran builds a nuclear bomb. Supporting that sentiment is a story that somehow escaped the mainstream media that I did over at my new gig; Pat Read’s Conservative Report Online (CRO). Back in July the Department of Justice arrested two men involved in a “nuclear smuggling ring” aiding Iran; one is an Iranian national, the other man being from China. (other conspirators exist but have yet to be arrested).
And last but certainly not least an Iranian refugee confronted Ramin Mehmanparast, a spokesman for Ahmadinejad, on the streets of NYC and attacked him with the whole ordeal being caught on video! He is eventually hustled into a police car complete with women screaming as the attack escalates. Kick ass. Since President Obama wont take a stand against the Iranian regime someone on the streets of New York, during the United Nations meeting, felt the need to step up to the plate. And this is a small occurrence that can start a large war…
Just a heads up for what is coming up this week. A considerable amount of tweeps have started to follow me over the past week so this is for you guys.
1) Part 2 of Barret Brown Living in Denial, More details of my Conversation with him and the hack of his personal phone calls. You can find the back story here, and part 2 will be addressing his hacked phone calls-available here. Contributor Ben Grier posted the link to the post and Brown had mistaken him for me. That coudlve been resolved with Google. But fuck it, Brown doesnt do research unless he is targeting someone or creating the bibliography for his book.
2) [nano] Diamonds are Forever. I called up my good friend Pat Dollard. He was busy doing his regular daily activities; tossing dwarves into a pond, wrestling hyenas, etc. And said, “Hey, remember how much of a flop the new START treaty was? Well I got an internal document. The Russians lied to the IAEA. They slid the head of underground nuclear explosions into the pact and said he was an expert in nano diamonds.” Hmmm. Iran is their ally; they are testing underground. But I’m sure there is nothing to see here. Dollard boxed up a dwarf and Fed Ex’ed it to me. Back story on IAEA and START available here
3) Mystery Project. But I’ll give you a hint. “Ivan Petrov”, Guraba, Anwar al-Awlaki, Farrakhan, and Malcolm X. What does this have to do with the US? Stay tuned. I might have to bring John Brooks in on this. No back story available, so this should be a ton of fun.
4) Crying Wolfe. The deranged and terrible tale of a private individual targeted for total destruction. New developments required the party van to be fueled up…Don’t know the back story? I’ll give you the tl;dr version. Mike Stack retweets Anthony Weiner pic and his life has been hell ever since; including a SWAT’ting. This from the tolerant left
Our president seems to think that Iran (being tiny and all) is not a real threat to the U.S. Time will tell. But at this exact moment Iran is a major threat to the security of Africa. The entire continent has remained in a state of limbo and is easily influenced from all outside sources that choose to descend upon it no matter what the intentions are of the visitors.
Today, Dr. Ely Karmon, of the International Institute for Counter-Terrorism and one of the world’s foremost authorities on terrorism throughout the Islamic world released a paper entitled “The Iran Hezbollah Strategic and Terrorist Threat to Africa”. The brevity and simplicity of addressing each concern is as commendable as it is accurate.
Karmon notes in the abstract that most people believe that Africa has since been abandoned by Ahmadinejad after he focused the majority of his efforts in Latin America in order to “counter-lasso” the United States. And anyone who follows foreign policy will know immediately that almost all coverage of Iran’s actions only come to print in the reference of Venezuela or their nuclear program. But Africa has not been forgotten by Iran and Karmon does well to remind us that it is still a priority of the regime. Followers of this blog know of my level of interest in Africa and how instable and ripe a large part of the continent is to be plucked by Islamic radicals. It is a great location to have your proxies operate and so far they have been wildly successful.
Take a few minutes and read Karmon’s latest paper here. I will have more to add to this in the coming days.
On March 26 of this year we reported on Al Qaeda stealing surface to air missiles (SAM’s) from munitions depots in Libya. Moammar Gaddafi in an act of desperation opened up munitions depots. His intention was to let his supporters arm themselves. Instead Al-Qaeda Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) ended up acquiring everything from shoulder-fire man portable units to old Soviet SCUDS. From our March 26th report (“When did Officials know? Al Qaeda Steals Libyan Missiles”):
“Someone is not being totally honest. On March 25, 2011 AFP (via Breitbart.com) reported a story of Justice Secretary Ken Clarke warning of another Lockerbie style attack. This was a very specific warning considering the broad scope of possible threats to civilians. Thats because Clarke and other officials had already received the report of Al-Qaeda stealing nearly 100 Surface to Air Missiles from Libyan munition dumps.”
The day after we began to investigate the claims leaders in Niger and Chad had tried to alert the press of the theft; also included in our report in the above links. They were ignored. For the past 5 months the media largely ignored all claims of SAM thefts. But now that the turmoil has settled down the confirmation of the missing missiles is now coming to light.
Also in our March report the main concern was the current No-Fly zone imposed by NATO. This tactic would push commercial airliners away from central north Africa. In doing so the north shores would have a much more crowded airspace with more planes. All of which would become easy targets for any radical with a shiny new SAM. The revamping of Sudanese Air Traffic Control addressed these concerns; something we referenced in our initial report. In the reports below we finally see the news agencies addressing this issue as a plausible threat and serious concern; 5 months later. The main stream media has seen the tarnishing and fine patine of the Arab Spring materialize. Now the news is about the dangerous results produced. The hope of freedom and democracy is barely visible under the quickly corroding surface of the Arab Spring.
Breaking News!! (Not Really) The press starts to investigate claims
CNN finally dispatched reporters to cover this lead just 5 months after the original story broke (as referenced above). In the report CNN innacurately cites the number of Libyan SAM’s to be at least 20,000 units. While this is fairly close the real number of working units is more in the range of 12-14 thousand units. CNN also adds that figure in for a little bit of sensationalism. The entire stockpile has not fallen into the hands of Al Qaeda (AQIM). The current figure from on the ground intel operatives is approximately 19 units. Click Image for Video and full report
No Evidence of Missing Missiles-But Black Market “Prices Dropping“. Uhhh What?
Strictly Right Radio Co-Host Ben Swenson brought this to my attention. Swenson was the first one that I called in March after meeting with my internal investigative team. On Aug. 25 The Associated Press reported the State Department position that chemical and nuclear material in Libya were secure. Fine. Nukes were not the issue here. After all, Al Qaeda doesnt own haz-mat radiation rated suits so they cant handle the material anyways. The main question at hand was; have Islamic Fundementalists obtained any sophisticated weapons? From the AP report regarding missiles and rockets:
The fate of thousands of rockets is less clear, and other U.S. intelligence officials and counterterrorism experts criticized slow work by State Department to locate and buy back dangerous munitions like the estimated 15,000 to 25,000 shoulder-fired missiles in Gadhafi’s weapons stores.
Two U.S. officials said the prices of such missiles in the region have fallen, suggesting that some of Gadhafi’s weapons may already be reaching the market, though there is no sign that al-Qaida-linked terrorists have managed to buy any.
That was August 25 2011. Do you see how fast things change in the Intelligence community? Compare this report to the CNN one from today. The AP report from August was leaning towards the reality that as long as the nuke material was ok most of the other weapons probably fell under the same status. The State Department echoed this sentiment days later in the daily press briefing. This will be addressed in the next post. I cant give all the good stuff away now :) This barely scratches the surface
Coming up-Behind the Scenes in N. Africa and US Intel Community
In the next installment we will go over:
1) The route that the stolen man portable air defense systems (MANPADS)
2) Where some units are now residing in Sub-Saharan Africa
3) What the State Dept. knew vs. what they told journalists
4) The details of the Intel briefings in the U.K. and the U.S. from March 2011. A true secret intelligence tell-all
5) Destination Gaza: The closest vantage point for radicals to strike Israel
6) Iran attempts to take a leadership role amongst those holding the SAM’s
7) Dismantling SCUD warheads and salvaging parts vs. MANPADs kept in working order